Introduction to Shenzhen University
Shenzhen University (SZU) was founded in 1983. Shenzhen University is a full-time comprehensive university accredited by the State Council of China and is funded by Shenzhen local government.
Professor Zhang Wei, the former vice-president of Tsinghua University, was appointed as the first president of Shenzhen University. The current president of Shenzhen University is Zhang Bigong a very cool man. He is humorous, amiable, Very, Very nice to students. In fact, most teachers at Shenzhen University are very kind and friendly to students.
Shenzhen University has been at the forefront of many academic and administrative innovations and reforms in the last two decades. Students have great freedom to choose their courses and masters.
Shenzhen University benefits a lot from its unique geographic location and is continually developing its international cooperation. Domestic students outside of the town that enrolled by SZU can become Shenzhen residents. In China, this policy can grant you many privileges, contrarily such residential policy may cause people inconveniences.
International Students at Shenzhen University – Study Overseas
Shenzhen University has granted diplomas to more than 2,000 graduates and trainees for the Hong Kong and Macao Special Administration Regions as well as for various positions in Taiwan up until 2009. SZU has joint-programs for undergraduate degrees with institutions in Great Britain and other foreign countries. These joint-programs have been ascertained by the British Council. SZU annually exchanges students and teachers with its sister universities in institutions of higher learning in the United States of America, Great Britain, Japan, and South Korea.
For foreign students in Shenzhen University, they have a very good chance to learn Chinese language. The school provides very good dormitory and other facilities to foreign students who study overseas in Shenzhen. There are training courses at different levels for your choice, depending on your Chinese skills. And the admission fee for foreign students at Shenzhen University is cheap. It is even cheaper than nice middle schools or kindergartens here.
Shenzhen University HSK Test Center was established in 2003 with authorization from the China National Committee for Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) (CNCCPT). There are different types of HSK tests, HSK (Basic), HSK (Elementary and Intermediate) and HSK (Advanced), also the C-TEST and BCT.
Up until now, over 100,000 candidates have participated in the Chinese Proficiency test at Shenzhen University HSK Test Center. They are overseas students in Shenzhen from all over the world, such as Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Turkey, the United States, Thailand, Canada, France, Nepal, UK, Russia, Lithuania, New Zealand, India, Nigeria, Spain and Ireland.
Advantages of Shenzhen University
Shenzhen University has very beautiful camp, the Wen Shan lake, the rolling hills covered with a lot of lichee (litchi) trees, etc.
SZU has the most beautiful campus, first rate facilities, almost perfect benefits. There are 11 reasons that Shenzhen University worth recommendation.
1. It is in Shenzhen, near Hongkong, Guangzhou and other big cities.
2. Easy access to diverse food and cuisines, lots of places you can go and have fun.
3. There are a lot of working opportunities for students from Shenzhen University, as it is a fast developing city.
4. People here come from all around China even the whole world, you are not alone here.
5. Teachers at Shenzhen University are well known for their hospitality, most of them are very kind and friendly to students. Teachers love students as they care about their own children.
6. Undergraduate can get double degrees without extra fee.
7. Great freedom to choose courses you like to attend, many top level lectures.
8. Sound benefits and scholarship especially for those hard studying students, they can earn more money than their admission fee.
9. Beautiful campus. There are lots of trees, plants, flowers, especially lichee (litchi) which is extraordinarily famous. You know what, students can have their own lichee trees.
10. Canteen and libraries are outstanding. They are open to students here life long, believe or not, it is true.
11. Lots of opportunities to get free access as post graduates. Actually the majority of post graduates at Shenzhen University do not have to pay for admission fee, yet they can get allowances month by month.
How to get Shenzhen University?
Address: Nanhai Ave 3688, Shenzhen , Guangdong , P.R.China, 518060
Shenzhen University address in chinese: 深圳，南山区，南海大道3688号
It is close to central part of Nanshan district, Shenzhen. You can take metro line one and get off at ShenDa metro station.
Taxi: 2.4 RMB/km, fare starts from a minimum 10 RMB. You can take licensed taxi in red.
Bus: There are just too many buses pass by as Shenzhen North Gate(Shenzhen Bei Men) is close to the main avenue of Shenzhen, the Shen Nan Avenue. The main gate of Shenzhen University is at Nan Hai Street.
Rail: Nearly all the big cities in China can reach Guangzhou and it is very convenient to transfer from Guangzhou to Shenzhen. If you come from Hongkong, you can take railway to Luohu border, or cross border from Huanggang border, or Shekou Ferry, or Shenzhen Bay border.
Air: Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport. Shenzhen University is at Nanshan district which is close to Bao’an district, the university is not far from the airport, you may take a taxi after the flight. You may also take Airport Express bus line 8 and line 10.